~Written and edited by Veronica Clark ~

Wednesday 6 July 2011

My House of the Year Favourite!

Good Morning friends from a sunny, but cold Cape Town! I hope you are all well and happy.

House and Leisure Magazine's House of the year 2011 feature some wonderful homes and each year I pick my favourite and stick to it no matter which one wins!! This year's favourite is just enchanting and had me swooning for yonks! Have a look...











This is perfection....the colour, the style and the garden...sigh...long sigh of pleasure...



Now, I remember why I wanted to live in this Dining Room when I saw it at Sharon's beautiful blog called  Roses and Rust (love the name of her blog). Just the light playing on the wall colour makes me happy, let alone the contents. I suggested to Sharon that at a dinner party here, you might find me sitting under the table drooling on the rug....








What a stunning setting...





You can have a look at the other contenders HERE on House and Leisure's website and pick your own favourite.  So what do you think? Gorgeous, isn't it?

Happy Living

Veronica

xxx

images from House and Leisure Magazine

I appreciate your time in leaving a comment and love reading them. Thank you for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. I Agree with you completely on this one- it is going to be that house we will remember for years to come..that conservatory would have been a def must have if we were still in the prosess of building..the owners have the import right to it - did you know? have a good week. Colx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica.
    I am in no doubt you have impeccable taste. This is absolutely stunning. I would love to have a fraction of this style in my home. I just don’t seem to be able to pull it off.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue , thanks for your kind comment! I too need some practise:)

    No Colette I didn't know that! Wow its stunning isn't it...the ultimate design for a conservatory and one I would love to have. I couln't find my copy of the mag where the house was featured but I also rememebr a indoor pool just beyond the conservatory or am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes. Totally and utterly splendid. Mind numbing actually. Gorgeousness as far as the eye can see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Veronica,

    You have a beautiful blog. Every picture is drop dead gorgeous!

    I'd love to know how you were able to get your pictures so large. I have not been able to figure out how to change my width to allow for that.


    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Veronica. Thanks for the mention. This is also my favourite of the H&L houses. I will be right there alongside you lying on the rug! Have a lovely weekend. x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whats not to love? There is a whole lot of gorgeousness going on there!! That dining room, the rustic beauty of that last setting, that conservatory made my heart go pitter patter. All sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That first house is beautiful, gardens, etc...but that solairum is TDF! LOVE!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been planning my next house for the last ten years and this house comes so close to what I've envisioned in my minds eye! *winks* High ceilings...Love the wall treatments! Just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it. I've saved the pictures to my favorites. Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. That courtyard with the fountain and the buxus in the background made me sigh. Lovely environments.

    I'm your newest follower Veronica.

    Tri

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm adoring that Conservatory! Always wanted one of those on our property.

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Verronica

    Thx for saying such amazing things about our house. Monika and I are simple people and life a simple life, making the most of every opportunity to make memories for us, our family and our children.

    Kind Regards

    Henk Smith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Henk. Thank you so much for stopping by. The pleasure was all mine. Your home is gorgeous and so very stylish and was a scource of great delight to us all. Thank you for sharing it with us and giving us all some swoon time! Which of course we all love to do,,,

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful...... just like an old house from 50s maybe i can't tell by pictures, but is pretty nice that not just me like this kind of old stuff thanks a lot for share the pictures i really enjoy them, good luck.

    ReplyDelete